Cambridge Healthtech Institute’s 2nd Annual
Cell Therapy Bioproduction
Industrializing Cell Therapies
August 3-4, 2015
Part of CHI's 7th Annual The Bioprocessing Summit
August 3-7, 2015 | Westin Copley Place Hotel | Boston, Massachusetts
Continuing the discussions initiated at last year’s Cell Therapy Bioproduction conference and building upon the industry’s increasing knowledge and experience in this field, we have identified the top challenges that scientists and engineers are struggling with, which range from translation from bench to clinic, to commercial scaling up from 2D to 3D cultures, product characterization and analytics, QC and process validation, as well as commercialization hurdles such as COGS and procurement.
CHI’s Second Annual Cell Therapy Bioproduction aims to open the communication channels between pharma, academia and vendors by presenting first-hand case studies, practical examples, proven concepts and novel technologies to help provide potential solutions to these challenges.
Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Life Cycle of a Cell Therapy Product – From R&D
- Autologous Cell Therapy – Back from the Dead?
- Minimally manipulated vs More than minimally
- Distinction between products that don’t’ need
pre-approval vs those that need BLA/clinical trials
OF CELL THERAPY PRODUCTS
- Translation from bench to industry
- COGS and reimbursement challenges
- Procurement, handling, transportation and
CULTURE AND BIOREACTOR DESIGN
- Bioreactor design and controls for industrial
- Cell sourcing and culture strategies
- Cell expansion strategies
- Moving from 2D to 3D cultures
- Culture of stem cells as aggregates or in/on
- Control and monitoring of bioprocess parameters
for cell expansion and differentiation
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT AND
- Considerations during cell manufacturing for
- Process development and manufacturing challenges
for allogeneic and autologous cells
- Scale up/out
- Analytics and process characterization
- Process validation and quality control
If you would like to submit a proposal to give a presentation at this meeting, please click here.
The deadline for submission is January 30, 2015.
All proposals are subject to review by the Scientific Advisory Committee to ensure the highest quality of the conference program. Please note that due to limited speaking slots, preference is given to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, regulators and those from academia. Additionally, vendors/consultants who provide products and services to these biopharmaceutical companies are offered opportunities for podium presentation slots based on a variety of Corporate Sponsorships.
For more details on the conference,
Sr. Conference Director
Phone: (+1) 816-471-0701
For exhibit & sponsorship opportunities,
Manager, Business Development
For media partnership opportunities,
Director of Product Marketing